Here Are Some Of Missoula’s Craziest Stories From 2020
I think most people would probably say they're pretty ready for 2020 to be over. It's become a pretty popular joke online to talk about how bad the previous year was and how we can't wait to restart in the new one, but 2020 really put into perspective - we had a pandemic, a divisive election, protests against police brutality across the country, and a lot of people haven't been able to see their friends and family for months, maybe even longer.
And that doesn't even get into all the aspects of life that we lost or had to significantly change - eating at a restaurant, going to the movies, seeing live music, easily finding toilet paper... these were things we took for granted in years past, but I'm betting we're going to appreciate them a lot more when they finally return.
It was a crazy year, so to reflect that, I thought I'd collect some of our craziest stories that we ran in 2020 and place them right here for you to check out.
2. This was pretty wild - scientists actually captured video footage from INSIDE a forest fire.
3. Remember when Yellowstone spent a few months filming in Missoula? Be warned, this one has a SPOILER ALERT!
5. This footage was insane - a hiker faced off against a mountain lion at Glacier National Park.
6. This may not have been in Montana, but it's a great story - a grocery store boss became a hero when he flipped off a toilet paper hoarder.
7. Our servers, cashiers, and minimum wage employees have especially had a rough 2020 - this is our open letter to them.
We hope you stay safe over the holiday season, and let's work together to make 2021 a little less crazy!