Got Easter Eggs? Egg Salad Sandwich with Candied Jalapenos Recipe
It is that time of year. The time of year when you ask yourself "why did we feel the need to color 30 hardboiled eggs?" You may find yourself searching for ways to consume so many eggs. Recipes that don't include peeling and eating them whole. There are some gourmet ways to eat all those leftover Easter eggs.
I am a big fan of my yearly tradition of making Easter egg ramen noodles. A recipe that simply involves using leftover eggs as a garnish for some noodle soup. I also am a big fan of whipping up deviled eggs. But, nothing is more popular with people after Easter than a good egg salad sandwich.
Our buddy Andy Boterman shows us how to make a Montana-style easter egg dish.
Andy is the BBQ mastermind behind his page "BBQ with Boterman." Andy cranks out some amazing food and does a fine job photographing his masterpieces. His recent masterpiece is the Egg Salad Sandwich with Candied Jalapenos.
According to the recipe on the BBQ with Boterman page on Facebook.
- 6 Hardboiled Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Meat Mitch “Yellow Brick Road Sauce.” (or simply use honey mustard)
- 2 Tablespoons of mayo @hellmannsmayo
- 1 Tablespoon of @woebermustard Sandwich Pal Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Peel Hardboiled eggs and dice. Mix Yellow Brick Road Sauce (mustard), Creamy Horseradish, and Mayo. Fold into diced eggs and refrigerate.
- 10-15 Large Jalapeños
- 1 Cup White Vinegar
- 2.5 Cups granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Tumeric
- 2 Teaspoons Meat Church Holy Cow 9or your favorite bbq rub)